Sunday, March 07, 2010

ROGER'S MODEL RAIL LAYOUT

So, here are the adventures of Roger over the past weeks (?months). You are looking at one happy chappy!!!! I can tell you, he can't take the smile off his face! So, he's just arrived home exhausted. I will put a beer in his hand and place a lovely Thai dip on the table. I think if he settles in front of the TV and starts to relax he will fall asleep. It's been quite a week.

Last Saturday Stewart (Aussie) and Curt and Louise (Danish) came out for the day and did a lot of work on the model rail layout. Talk about amazing transformation. Then on Tuesday Stewart came out again for the day and did a lot of work Roger is not able to do because it requires 2 hands. On Thursday Bob (American) came out and did all sorts of things!!! Then the boys - Rog, Stu and Bob went out for dinner then came back and worked on the layout until 11.30pm!!

This weekend Roger is displaying his model rail layout - N gauge, Japanese layout - at the FES (School) in Stetten, near Loerrach, Germany. There are many displays but of course Rog is pretty chuffed and thinks his is the best!

So, here are some photo's you have all been holding out for!!!!!



What did I tell you about this grin?



Wils, Louise, Curt and Stryker-Ann


Paul taking a video (he transported the layout for Rog)







Bob on Thursday




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. This is a work of art. Roger does look pleased with himself and so he should. Quite a delight to be able to share at the local school.

Ann

Pat said...

That's an amazing amount of work...Roger has earned that wonderful grin!
Men always find trains facinating don't they (me too!).
Great pictures, I love looking at the happy faces!

Joce said...

Wunderbar Dad! It looks great and you deserve to be pleased... What will you do with it now...?
Thanks for the pictures Mum, I think you're proud too, eh? ;) xo

cfairclough@bible.com.au said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gaynor said...

Good on you Rog!! There's that Ridley train talent coming out again. You've still got it boyo! Brings back memories of Rog and Charles in Melbourne. Are you bringing it all back home? or will someone get a lucky donation eventually?? lots of love, Cheryl F

Gaynor deleted the email address Cheryl, but wanted to keep your comment in! Hope you don't mind!

Cheryl F said...

Thanks Gaynor for helping out there - I thought I was going to have to redo my congrats to Roger. Thinking of you both with love & prayers, Cheryl.

Pamela said...

I can recall wanting to see one of these all set up and the little train running gaily around the track.

I still feel that way. Is there room for me to sit a spell and smile? ha ha!

Anonymous said...

WOW, looks fabulous Roger and I bet you loved every minute of it!! Liz