Sunday, September 16, 2012

The days are racing by and I am ever conscious of the fact I will soon be leaving Basel and my beautiful friends here and heading back to Perth.  



I really can't begin to tell you all the things I have been up to!!  I can tell you I have been to Scuol in the mountains for 6 days with my lovely Swiss friend Christine and we absolutely had the best time together and I didn't really want it to end.  We hiked, went bike riding (and racing through my mind was......"what goes down, must come up"!!!), went on a rather hairy bus ride to 1800m and had a nice walk, saw the cows coming down from the mountains and even a little snow was falling.  It was bitterly cold! 




We had lunch up at S-Charl.  Disappointing not to see any wild life.  They were all hiding from the hunters who go up there this time of the year.  Christine was telling me the animals go into the National Park where they are protected.









Today Kiwi Christine and I went to a Cello Concert by Cyprian Kohut at 11am.  Roger and I met Cyprian and Alina in 2006 in Basel when they use to busk on the streets.  A very special couple and I think they will really go places in the music world.  They are from Poland.  I hope to catch up with them both for lunch next Saturday.

I continue to catch up with friends, enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful surrounds of Basel and I continue to thank God for all the blessings he has given me, but especially that I am here and beginning to feel music come back into my heart. 




PS  A little birdie has told me that Grace is keeping up with my writings here and I just want to send her my love and "see you soon"  xx

3 comments:

Pamela said...

those are some gorgeous photos .. and thoughts.

So glad to see you traveling back to visit friends.

(snowing in september.. oh my)

Anonymous said...

Gaynor! I certainly have been keeping up with your blog - the postcard you left me is sitting on my desk reminding me to check in. I am very much enjoying reading about your adventures and seeing your beautiful photos! Please keep posting!!! Love Grace xxxx

Pat said...

As usual my sweet friend, you post the most lovely pictures. I'm so glad to hear that once again a little music is being felt in your heart.
XOXO