Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Darling Husband & Father


 Jocelyn & Roger at Monets garden in France - July 2010



Roger & Glenda - 18 December 2004


Roger & Tim, early '90's

Tim, Jocelyn, Glenda & I had a nice lunch together yesterday - 15 December to mark the 1st Anniversary of Roger's death.  We were hoping to have a family picnic but the heavens opened and the rain did fall so we decided to move inside!!

It was so lovely to spend time with the family.  It was a difficult day for us all.  I am so glad I am now in Melbourne with the support of my beautiful family.  Of course the grandchildren are the delight of my life and bring me much joy.  

I am staying with Glenda, Tom, Nathan & Edward until I find a home of my own.  The unit that was auctioned on 1 December went for far too much money.  We will all go to another auction this coming Saturday 22 December and see how we go.  I am not getting my hopes up.  Real Estate is done so differently here in Melbourne and most places are auctioned.  I don't like the way they do it here!!

I have received so many lovely emails and cards from dear friends far and wide.  Thank you if you are one of them.  I am finding it hard to settle down and write Christmas cards this year and also don't feel like pushing myself.  I know you will understand.  The big relocation to Melbourne has taken it's toll on me, along with everything else that is going on.  But I am sure I will settle down and 2013 will be a happy one.  Finding a home of my own is top of the list.


No comments: