Friday, July 25, 2014

Thanking friends for the prod to keep going !!

I have been reminded that I am not blogging!!!  I'm actually finding it difficult to sit at the computer and blog happily.  Most of my lovely friends would know how much I have enjoyed blogging in the past, particularly when Roger & I were living in Germany.  That all seems very much in the dim distance now.  I am going to try my hardest to continue with my blogging, but I need your encouragement, so please leave comments which will inspire me!!

How quickly this year seems to be going.  Sometimes I can't keep up with myself.  July already & we are in the heart of winter.  Brrrrr!!  But my little home is warm and snug so I have no complaints.  If I feel really cold, I just need to go for a brisk walk!

Olivia is nearly 5 months old.  She is absolutely adorable, and I promise I am not biased!  She has a personality as large as life!  She is a happy, smiling little baby and talks a lot, and we get the gist of what she's saying!!  It's all very funny.

I've felt very lonely this year.  I always seem to be longing for the next guests to arrive to stay with me, but they're few and far between.  I have asked Jocelyn (my beautiful daughter) to come and live with me.  She has been here for 3 weeks now and I'm much happier not being on my own anymore.  I look forward to her getting home in the evening and not having the long evening stretching ahead of me on my own.  I definitely know I am not meant to live on my own.  My personality doesn't allow it!!

Another thing that is bothering me is finding a Church Family in which to belong.  It's just not happening for me so I am not going regularly to Church.  I just don't know how to move forward in this area of my life.  Any suggestions out there for me to take on board?

I joined University of the Third Age in May after a visit from dear Swiss friends from Basel.  Christine reminded me how hard I had worked at trying to learn German and she encouraged me to go back and keep up with it.  I have been going to classes at U3A on a Friday morning for 1 1/2 hrs.  It's very good for my brain and the other people in the class are great (usually about 7 of us).  I'm not sure if I am going to move forward with German, but hopefully it will always be in my brain!!

The other thing I have done is joined the Badminton group, also on a Friday.  My son in law Tom bought me a new racket, so I am learning to smash that shuttle cock!!  It's lots of fun and I enjoy being with like minded people wanting good exercise.  I am very thankful for my good health and fitness.

So, this is a start to my come back.  If I write much more, you might lose interest, so I will save other news for the next time and will post some nice photos as well.

4 comments:

GaynorB said...

I'm reading!

I haven't 'walked an inch in you shoes, let alone a mile' so am wary of giving advice.

The suggestion your friends made to join a club is sound. Perhaps you could try others, to fill up your week a bit more.

What about volunteering at a hospital, school, charity etc. I'm sure you have skills they could put to good use.

Are you in a position to spread your church net a bit wider in order to find the comfort of like-minded worshippers?

You miss Roger. How could you not miss him? It is normal to feel as you do.

Spiritually I can't help, but check out a blog I read, written by Angela, a Pastor's wife. She is a prolific blogger about all sorts of things, but her faith shines through.

It's Angela at Tracing Rainbows.

With my very best wishes from one Gaynor (Welsh, newly retired, living half time in France and England) to another Gaynor (finding her way to a different life in Australia)

Keep on blogging! Your friend want to read about you and it is such a good way of keeping in touch.

Anonymous said...

Dear dear Gaynor,
so glad you are blogging again! And that I have kept looking regularly so see this just two days after you wrote it. I have been praying about those things you mention, as we talked about most of them when I saw you last year.
Hadn't realised you really didn't like living alone, but hey now Jocelyn is with you. Great.
Much love

I

Anonymous said...

Lovely to here from you again Gaynor. Your Olivia is such a wonderful blessing so happy for you, I'm sure she is adored by her gorgeous big brothers also!
Sorry to hear of your struggles with church, I will pray that you may find good fellowship soon. Really happy that Jocelyn has decided to move in with you, hope this works out well for you both.
You are often in my thoughts & all you have been through, I pray you will find comfort on your sad & lonely days & the wonderful days will be plentiful.
Take Care, Melissa x

Anonymous said...

Dear dear Gaynor,
I read this yesterday,and wrote a long comment which seems to have got lost.
Oh well,
I have been praying about all those things since my lovely visit to you last year.
And will continue to do so.
Church - have you tried the nearest one, something you can walk to? That was how I ended up meeting you.
Much love
I