Saturday, November 24, 2007

THE WEEK THAT WAS

I thought I'd give you a quick rundown of my week. I wish I'd been able to have a lie in this morning but it just wasn't to be. The old brain started waking up rather early!

Monday - Went hiking with the girls from Basel (on the train at 8.15am!). Back home by
1.20pm and spent the afternoon preparing for Dinner.

Alina and Cyprian, our lovely young Polish friends
came and had dinner with us. Hungarian Goulasch
and Sticky Date Pudding.
Tuesday - Madly trying to get a parcel off to Tim and Amy before Roger went off to Choir. Posting in France is so much cheaper so Roger cycles over there after Choir to post letters. I then spent most of the day continuing to write Christmas letters.
Wednesday - an early morning Skype call from David and Sue Ridley was a delight for us both. Then I received a phone call from an Aussie friend here Sharyn who is 38 weeks pregnant. I hope to visit here some time next week.
Then it was rush, rush, rush as we were expecting David, Simea and Lia Gut for lunch. This is our Youth Pastor from German Church. We told them to come early as they had to leave early afternoon so Lia could sleep. We had a wonderful time together - as always.
In the afternoon I continued letter writing.
Thursday - I was trying to draw money out the bank!! The Aussie dollar is not doing well at the moment, so I didn't want to draw too much out. But in the end, I couldn't draw any out, so I went back to the bank and put a cheque in! Now we wait for it to clear! It's always difficult at the end of the year. Money dries up!
Did some shopping and tried to get organized for Friday, knowing I would be limited in time, but that didn't work. Our neighbours invited us in for schnaps at 4pm and we enjoyed a lovely 3 hours with them - speaking only Deutsch! Lots of charades took place I can tell you!!
Friday - went off to Centrepoint morning tea which is always a good place to meet new people. Then raced home to cook for my Girl's Night. I only had a slight idea how many would be coming - between 6 and 8! Not too bad really. Anyway, late in the afternoon I received 2 phone calls and I was very discouraged. (Actually I was a bit cross with myself feeling like this - like poor me, I've done all this work and people cancel at the last minute!!). But I recovered and 4 of us had a lovely evening together.
Saturday - now we sit in our loungeroom listening to the radio being streamed over the computer from Australia about the election. Quite boring really, but we're doing it anyway. Will report on a lovely Saturday next week.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

mmmm...sticky date pudding sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Election night very exciting in Aussie land. Party kept going all night!!! Very exhausting.

Ann