Saturday, February 02, 2008

FEELING A BIT SAD



My Dad (Bob or Grandad Bob) and his beloved Vic


Robert Walter Annear - born 3 July 1923 in South Australia,
died 2 February 2008 in Western Australia
84 years of age
My Dad went home to be with his Heavenly Father early this morning. At last he is at peace and reunited with his beloved wife. It is such a relief that God in his mercy has taken him to Heaven as these past 10 weeks spent in hospital have been particularly hard for him, but even harder for my sisters Irene and Brenda as they have constantly visited him and tried to care in a loving way for him.

I long to be with my sisters Jillian, Cherith, Irene and Brenda at this time, but that is not going to be. We have arranged for our daughter Jocelyn to fly to Perth to represent our family and be with my sisters and the extended family. She will give us a good report back.

8 comments:

Pat said...

I send my most sincere condolences my dear Gaynor, I understand the loss you are feeling.
What a precious saint, his face is a reflection of God's love. What a glorious day that will be when we see our Savior...your Dad is already experiencing that joy!

Gaynor said...

Thanks Pat, I do appreciate your understanding and prayers at this sad time. I feel so far away from my family at the moment (and I am!).

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaynor, my deep condolences to you and your family. Whilst you may be far away, you remain close to those who love you.

Victor Forrest
Canberra
February 2008

Gaynor said...

Oh Vic, how wonderful to hear from you at this time. You were such a special part of my life when I was growing up. Thanks for your kind and comforting words at this time.

My love,
Your little sis!
Gaynor xx

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you at this difficult time. Your Dad looks lovely in photos. Just take time to smell the roses and remember. Look after yourself as well.

Ann

Pat said...

How are you my friend - I miss hearing from you. Praying for you.
((hugs))

Angie D said...

I trust God will be close to you during this time. Our family's prayers will be with you.

Pamela said...

I'm sorry that you were so far away (physically)

Thats a tough time to be away from family.