Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Our coffee machine


We received a phone call several weeks ago from our friend Fritz in Basel asking us if we wanted a coffee machine. Of course Roger said yes. He loves his coffee!! Fritz said he and Ilona would deliver it one Sunday afternoon, so about 3 weeks ago they arrived with this machine. We had no idea it would be so big, and a Siemens to boot!! I felt a bit selfish that we would keep such a beautiful machine all to ourselves and jokingly suggested to Roger that we should give it away!!
ANYONE FOR COFFEE ? ? ?

5 comments:

Pat said...

That looks like quite a fancy coffee machine - it puts mine to shame!
I'd love to come over for a cup of fresh brewed...do you have any lamingtons to go with it?

Pamela said...

morning coffee is a ritual. The smell. Pouring in the cream. The smell. Holding the warm cup in my hands. The Smell. The wake up feeling after a few sips. And did I mention the smell?

Gaynor said...

Pat and Pamela, Come over some time for a special coffee made by Roger - he's SOOOOOO clever!!
Yes, of course there will be lamington's. What a question!!
Yes, THE SMELL.
I do find this machine a little disappointing though. Guess why? It can't even turn itself on!!

Louisa Claire said...

oooh. that looks fancy! I hope you are enjoying lots of yummy, fun coffee dates now! What a blessing to be given such a generous gift...I am sure it is enhancing your already remarkable hospitality!

Angie D said...

I'll be right over!