Friday, May 30, 2008

IN THE GARDEN

A few weeks ago Roger and I went to the rental garden plot (very popular here in Germany and Switzerland and can be rented for around 150 francs/year) of Claudia and Jose Lois in Switzerland. We had a BBQ and very relaxing afternoon on a balmy Swiss day. Since then Claudia and I have met in the garden for Deutsch learning. I'll post some more pictures of the garden if I remember to take my camera tomorrow (though it could be raining so we might just go to the apartment - which will be very boring!!).



A lady of leisure - well, at least for Sunday afternoon!!

A gentleman of leisure on the same day!!!!!!!

Yep, it's really a garden with a view!

Fancy taking a photo of an empty plate!!


Ah, that's better - F O O D ! ! ! Claudia and Jose Lois really cooked up a storm!


6 comments:

Pat said...

I can only imagine how beautifully clean the air must smell over there, it's so beautiful.
Is that a grape arbor your sitting under, while getting ready to eat?

Louisa Claire said...

Gosh. It looks beautiful! We've been down the coast this weekend and though it looked beautiful outside it was COLD...we spent most of our time inside by the fire. It's great to see you enjoying the sunshine!

Gaynor said...

Oh, your good Pat. Yes, it is a grape arbor. It would have changed so much since we were there. Had to cancel my Deutsch lesson for Friday. Poor Claudia has some stress.
Lovely to get your comment Lou. Thanks for checking my blog!!
Love, Gaynor xx

Anonymous said...

Very amused at the thought of a rental garden. It seems almost feudal. However the laid back approach tells me the hard work has been done. Looks like marvellous fun. I wish we could get to Europe in the summer.

Love to you both
Ann

Pamela said...

I'm confused. Do they rent the spot and plant the garden??

Gaynor said...

Yes, you have it in one Pam! You have to remember there are many more apartments here. But there is a lot more green and you see these rented garden plots all over Europe. I think it's a great idea.

I need to visit the garden again to see how it's growning....you know "Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow!!"