Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It's that time again !

You can't buy pumpkin for most of the year here, and when you can buy it, it's not always the best to eat. It seems the German people aren't that keen on pumpkin, apart from displaying it outside their homes leading up to Halloween!

We need to buy up, put it in our garage and hopefully eat it in a few months time (like at Christmas). Also, these ornamental pumpkin are very expensive. I can't quite work it out actually.

Today I had a lovely day with my Aussie friend Anna. She came here to lunch (I made Zucchini soup) and then we went to a couple of factory outlets near hear. Anna loves shopping! Then we went into Loerrach, had a coffee together and a look around the shops there. It was a shame I had forgotten to take my mobile phone. I could have rung Roger and told him I was going out to dinner with Anna!

On the train I met my lovely friend Carla, who lives just one street from my place. I always enjoy catching up with Carla. She's such a positive person (through adversity) and I love to have a chat to her. She comes to my German Girl's Nights for English chatting. She has very good English and French. Puts me to shame as I continue to struggle with my German learning.

Tomorrow I will visit with my friend Christine in Basel. Then I am on volunteer duty at Centrepoint from 2 - 5pm.

Friday Roger and I travel by train to Solothurn and stay overnight with our dear friends, the Weibel family (family of Jakob!). Then we travel to Ascona which is on a lake and in the Italian part of Switzerland. Hopefully the weather will be a little warmer there! I will be away until 13 October. How heavenly. Roger will be back here on 6 October. So, I'll have a lot to share with you when I get back, but don't hold your breath, I am thoroughly booked up for about a week.

We are both feeling much better after we were hit very quickly by colds. My lovely daughter Glenda left behind some Vitamin C which I have been consuming at a rapid rate!



No comments: