Monday, October 27, 2008

DINNER PARTY




Last night Roger and I ventured out on our intrepid trains (doing work on the line for 9 days while it is school holidays) to go to Kevin and Mark's place in Basel for a dinner party. We arrived rather stressed and hassled from just getting there. It took us 2 hours when the trip would normally take just 1 hour. We were greeted with champagne at the door, happy smiles and a big welcome. What a treat. (Yummy nibbles as well).

It was disappointing that Val was not well so he missed out on all the fun. Anna made up for it!

Kevin and Mark's apartment is such a treat to be in. Beautifully decorated with lots of their treasures and a real comfy, homey feel. We had lots of lively chatting and good company together.

Must share the menu with you, which was printed beside our place settings:
Nuesslisalat with chopped egg, bacon bits and dressing
Mediterranean stuffed salmon fillets with lime hollandaise
Thai-Style Red Beef Curry on Jasmine Rice
Raspberry & Strawberry sorbet
Ginger, Almond & Fig Meringue - cream optional
Coffee & Friandises




All these photo's were taken at Mark's 40th Birthday back in August.

4 comments:

Joce said...

Sounds like a lovely evening :) Did you enjoy your featured day? Food sounds yummy too... even a bit posh!! ;) xo

Pat said...

That's quite an extravagant menu - looks lovely.
Question: What is Neusslisalat?

Louisa Claire said...

What a treat! You both looked lovely too! Sorry for my online absence of late...I'm back now!!!

Gaynor said...

Thanks for lovely comments.
Yes Joce, I did enjoy my featured day, even though I was "you know where!!!" Dinner was POSH!!
Pat, Neusslisalat is a type of lettuce. Looks a bit like flower leaves but tastes very yummy. I hadn't had it before we came here.
Lou, I realize you have been very busy with blogging. I just can't keep up I'm sorry!