Saturday, January 31, 2009

FRIENDSHIPS


This week has been quite a week for Roger and Gaynor!! I don't want to go into details and tell the whole world, least to say that our friends here in Basel, Switzerland have been totally amazing and have been a great help to us in our hour of need!

Yesterday I went to a friends place to lunch and afterwards she took me on a leisurely walk up to a Castle in the area in which she lives, very close to Basel(in fact her area has two Castles!!). Mind you, when we got to the top, we couldn't see much as it has been all closed up for the winter, but it was exhilarating just to get to the top and breath beautiful fresh air! Along the way we chatted and felt very blessed to have each other to talk to. So, no photo's. Winter time is just not the best time to be taking photo's, unless of course there is snow.

Roger and I want to thank God for our wonderful friends and all that they mean to us, especially as we are so far away from Australia and being on the phone just isn't the same.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I hope you count me as one of those friends...I have enjoyed our friendship and traveling with you since our first blog meeting!
God is so good and meets our every need...we are blessed!

Louisa Claire said...

I am glad that you had people to rely on in your time of need. Praise God! Hope all's well now.