Monday, February 23, 2009

NEW HAT / ROGER'S SCARF



My friend Sabine came to visit overnight Thursday and we hit Basel together on Friday!! I wanted to buy a new hat and thought Sabine was the perfect person to be with to give me some good advice (being an interior designer and she has true style). The picture tells the story. Sabine was very keen to know what Roger would think. I arrived home sporting my hat and Roger's reaction was not what I wanted! Oh dear!

Friends visited for Brunch on Saturday morning and they too weren't that keen on the hat. I am daring to let you see some photo's and an obviously want your opinion (not that it's going to account for anything - for I LOVE the hat)!!

So, here it is!!








At the end of January I organized a new group at Centrepoint, the English speaking club we belong to in Basel. I saw one of the ladies crocheting when I was on duty last November and I thought it would be a good idea to see if other women were interesting in learning/beginning again to crochet. Well, it has been a huge success with 16 ladies having their name on the email list and we usually get at least 10 turning up on a Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours. It really has been so much fun.
Below is my first project!! Roger was quick to say he wanted a scarf, before I had time to think about making anything!! So, here is in modelling my first project. Hopefully there will be many more to come - Hat's anyone???!!!!!





Yes, he did want it THAT wide and THAT long !! I've already received another order for the same! My little fingers will be kept out of mischief, at least until the summer!!


7 comments:

Glenda said...

Great work Mum! Live life on the wild side a little! (Although I must say that the hat reminds me of DJ's!)
You'll have to teach me when you're back later this year!! xoxo

Gaynor said...

Glenda, Oh dear, you weren't suppose to mention the DJ word. That's what Rog and Mark said!
Looks like I'll be giving a crochet class to my girls. It really is so much fun (but I don't think you do enough sitting still to do it my darling!).

Joce said...

I sat on the bus for far too long today.... ;) Then I sat in front of the telly... plenty of sitting!! And you have my order... AND you'll be pleased to know I didn't think DJs until I read Glenda's comment... I like it, very Grr..ooovy :P

Gaynor said...

Thanks darling. Now all my beautiful children have seen THE HAT! I didn't get a reasonable comment from Tim. Must push him!!! I wonder if Amy will be game!

Pamela said...

I'd wear it.
the hat and the scarf (:

Chris said...

I like the hat. I think its fun and full of style! Good choice!

Phili said...

Love the hat and I think it goes very well with that gorgeous coat of yours as well! I wish we lived in a country where it was cold enough for hats to be a normal thing to wear!