Friday, March 20, 2009

EMOTIONS - TAKE 2



I think I'm over my SAD (Season Affective Disorder) - as Pam would say (thanks Pam) and this week has been great. Emotions.....why do we have them, and was I silly to share my heart with the world?!! I would normally keep most things to myself (believe it or not MY DARLING CHILDREN!!!).

The sun has shone each day this week (so far, and it's Thursday night and the sun isn't shining at the moment!), and it's amazing what a difference it has made to little old me.

Monday I went on a walk with a group of 7 other women and we ended up in Riehen for coffee. That was pretty good. Roger went on the long walk and he enjoyed himself as well. Then in the afternoon we had a big bedroom spring clean. You know, vacuuming the mattresses on both sides, giving the floor under the bed a good dust, doing the dressing tables (I HATE DUST - AND I HATE DUSTING - my blogging friend Pam would really relate to that!). Everything got a good shake and I removed one blanket from the bed (haven't missed it a bit). So, that was Monday!

Tuesday I did a bake, had a lovely talk to Tom on the phone and finished writing a letter. Also had a great chat to sister Irene so ended up catching a later train into Basel. I wanted to go to France to post some articles. Whilst on the tram Roger called to ask where I was. We ended up going to France together and then back into Basel where we bumped into a friend. We were heading for the Vegetarian Restaurant "Tidbits" to meet friends so we could discuss the movie "The Reader". It was good but probably didn't go deep enough for us. The movie raises lots of issues.

Wednesday I was back into Riehen to visit a friend and meet her 2 sisters who were visiting from America. That was fun. I was exploring a new area and I like that (not quite knowing where I'm going and having to work it out - ah, adventure - love it). I would have loved a walk Wednesday afternoon but had to be satisfied with a walk to Aldi to do a little shopping! Our friend Johnny came to dinner (our normal Wednesday evening event) then we watched a Nooma video "Bullhorn" together and discussed it a bit.

Today I met one of my lovely German friends for coffee in Schopfheim and we spoke "Dinglish" together. Renate was at my Girl's Night and she had asked me for the recipe for the Shepherd's Pie that I had made. I was a good girl and wrote it out in German. She laughed about a couple of things I'd written, so we cleared those things us in a hurry! I had put grated cheese - or so I thought, but it actually meant fence grate!! Oh dear. I think I'm enjoying myself learning German more than I ever have (shhhh, don't tell Roger!!). Had to catch the 11.15am train into Basel to have lunch with Christine before my usual Crochet class at Centrepoint at 2.00pm. What an absolutely delightful group this is. Gives me such a buzz each week. One of the girls had left her purse behind and fortunately she rang Centrepoint just as I was about to leave. So I was able to deliver it to her on the Rhein where she was having a beer with her sisters. Of course they invited me to stay. How could I refuse! I was home by 5.45pm.

I'm pretty happy with this week so far and there's only Friday to go!

3 comments:

Joce said...

Ah, but you missed out on talking to me!! I had a good chat with Dad instead. Yes your attitude to German learning has improved & I'm so glad for you ;) Thanks for all the details of your week, almost feels like we did get that chat after all!! Love ya xo

Pat said...

Sunshine does make a person feel so much better doesn't it? That's how I feel after a long winter, I can't wait to see a warm sunbeam!
I love your busy week that you've shared. You put me to shame! Enjoy every day that the Lord has made!

Pamela said...

Dinglish.. so funny.
The child of one of our daughter's friends speaks Spanglish (her dad is from Mexico and her mom is from here)