Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Lost Glove

I had to pop into the bank before heading off on the train yesterday morning. On my way to the train I dropped my glove (in the rain) and didn't realise until I was on the train and it was about to leave the station! My lovely brown leather glove! My third season of wearing them!

Roger and I headed off to Loerrach to meet Boyd for lunch. It was great to get to know this young man who is touring Germany as part of "The Ten Tenors" (Australians mostly from Queensland).

When we came back to Schopfheim I retraced my steps back to the bank and there was my very soden glove sitting on top of a rubbish bin near the train station. What a relief.

Do you think I love my gloves?

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I KNOW you love your gloves, oh I was sad when I started reading your story but happy once it was finished! At least you're heading into summer! First cold day here in Melb for a while. G xox

Pamela said...

I lost one of mine, too. Never found it.

I think I need those ribbons on them like we had as kids. They attached to the gloves and ran up your coat sleeves and around your neck. (:

It is so nice when people set something lost up for the seeker to find!