Wednesday, April 21, 2010

EASTER ESCAPE WITH RUTH and ANDREAS

I have no excuse for not uploading these photo's sooner and putting them on my blog. I have had gentle reminders from several quarters about my lack of blogging these past couple of weeks. I'm not liking the computer very much at the moment! That's the only excuse I can give.

Roger and I travelled to a little village called Huels where our lovely friends Ruth and Andreas live. We left on the Wednesday before Easter so that we could get cheap rail fares. We had a wonderful trip up (just love train travel - I'm always saying this), taking about 6 hours and a great week with our friends. We did all sorts of lovely things together, but most of all relaxing and lots of talking. Here are just a few pictures of our trip.


A small castle where we had afternoon tea whilst visiting Essen

Andreas loves to photograph old trees, so we had to get in the act as well!

It has been an Easter tradition that we have Easter Day lunch at Maria Karsten's home. We come away very well fed and not needing to eat for the rest of the day.

l-r Phillip, Stefi and Jan tucking in!!

Easter Monday we visited Cologne - a very beautiful city



We had a good walk around on a very pleasant Monday. Lots of people around
because the weather was so nice.


2 comments:

Joce said...

Yay! Another post from Mum... My week is slowly brightening up. Getting more serious about finding that elusive job :) Love the pics xo

Cheryl F said...

What a pituresque area. So glad you had a lovely time with friends. Wishing you many more relaxed and refreshing times when you need them. All my love, Cheryl