Sunday, May 22, 2011

I pulled it off ! ! !

After quite a lot of planning - e.g. emails, lists, shopping, cooking, coordinating with Irene, etc I managed to pull a surprise Birthday party off for my darling Roger. Now if it had been me, I would have guessed that there was something in the wind!! But not my Roger.

I must say I was rather distraught Friday morning when I eventually left for work around 10.45. Roger was upset because he had had trouble shaving and of course he is realizing that his right arm is becoming weaker. We find once he starts getting upset he finds it hard to pull out of it. I went to work, but reluctantly, and the Irene called in to see him. When I got home around 13.30 he was still upset. I gave him lunch, then some sprays into the mouth of 'calm me down' medicine Irene had got for us. I decided I need some as well!! I had arranged for a friend to pick Rog up and take him out for a few hours.

Well, it all turned out magnificently. Irene arrived to help me out then Roger's cousin Bruce and his wife Sandra (visiting for a couple of days from Sydney) arrived so I put them to work. Friends started to arrive just after 17.00 and then the party got into full swing. Steve arrived back with Rog around 17.30 - perfect timing.

We had a wonderful evening celebrating Roger's birthday (which was actually on the 19th May) and we again realized how much energy people give us and how important it is for us, even in our circumstances, to have family and friends around us to continue to make special memories. There were 23 altogether and it was such a joy to have people in our home.

Of course I forgot to get someone to take photo's, but here are just a couple of the evening for you to enjoy.



Colette and Gaynor

Toby and Anna

Irene, Roger and Jonty

Bruce, Sandra, Roger and Gaynor (watching the football!!)







3 comments:

Joce said...

Well done Mum, the model organiser... I'll take all my tips from you! Go check out my blog... new things! xo

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos when you say you did n't have many. Sounds like a special event and very well organised.


Ann

Anonymous said...

cake looks delicious




Foreclosures