Friday, June 16, 2006

My Blog

It's good to know people are reading my blog - especially my beloved children! Thanks Tim for your great help on getting the soccer over the internet. Haven't tried it yet, but will certainly do so this afternoon. Another warm day here in Schopfheim. I went out shopping early to beat the heat. Also I wanted to get some special German biscuits which are only available at Mini Mal and that is a longer walk than the other supermarkets around here. Some of you would know that I don't really like shopping, but I actually find the supermarkets fascinating here. Maybe that's because I don't understand anything that is on the labels (that's not quite true). So, I wondered around looking at everything and seeing what is available at Mini Mal that isn't available in Neukauf where we normally shop. I know it's more expensive!!

I am going for another picnic up the hill in Schopfheim with my lovely friend Sabine. She has 1 1/2 hours for lunch. On the way up there we call in at a farm to buy ice-cream! It's SO yummy. Ah, Sabine does my heart good.

Tonight special friends are coming to dinner. I will make stir fry chicken and also a pavlova as Wirt is always teasing me about them. Hope it turns out okay. Then our lovely friend Carole is coming hopefully to stay overnight. Did I say we are never bored?

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

Thanks Bruce! Always gives us a warm fuzzy to hear from you. The atmosphere is is amazing, but we'd like to be able to find some other Aussies. Will be going into Basel tonight at 5pm to watch the Aussies win against Italia!! Can't bear to stay home and watch it on our own. Love you heaps, Gxx