Tuesday, June 27, 2006

TWO disappointed Aussies ! ! ! !

Roger and I went into Basel 5pm today to watch the Soccer - Australia v's Italy. We are so proud of the way the Aussie's played. Of course we aren't very happy with the ref's giving of the game to Italy. We didn't realise it was Italy's Birthday and that the ref had a present for them in the final seconds of the game!! I think it is just reminding us what Fifa is all about and the politics involved with the game. I'd better not say any more. We are both just devastated. We are now sitting quietly at home eating TIM TAMS! (We have received a couple of calls of commiseration from our lovely American friends and then beautiful Johanna called in with some yummy cookies for us to eat).

IT'S JUST A GAME ISN'T IT?

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Yes, Tom and I have been sad all day :-( It wasn't the sort of result we wanted - particularly at 3am in the morning!
Tom says: "I love seeing your mum get emotional about sport".
Isn't he a cutie? Hope that the day improves for you. Lots of love, G

Gaynor said...

Yes darling Glenda we were thinking of our beautiful family as we knew you would all be watching it, along with most of Australia! I just put the nice bits into the email. We are still reeling I'm afraid. But I have had a nice day with Amanda in Basel so that has made up for it a little bit.