Tuesday, January 30, 2007

AUSTRALIA DAY GIRL'S NIGHT - JANUARY 26

My darling daughter Jocelyn leaves for Melbourne Sunday 4 February. She put the pressure on to meet 'my girls' before she goes! We settled on 26 January so thought it most appropriate to celebrate Australia Day with my German girlfriends and Amanda from America. We made sausage rolls, savoury pies, meat balls (with tomato sauce of course) and lamingtons. Amanda made some muffins and friends brought Australian wine and various drinks.

Jocelyn and I thought of 10 quiz questions about Australia. Took some thinking I can tell you. There were 7 of us altogether and another great evening was had by all.

The next day being Saturday (and Roger off on a Men's Retreat), Jocelyn and I slept in, had breakfast in bed, watched a movies and then eventually did the dishes of the night before!

No comments: