Sunday, October 14, 2007

A day in Montpellier

















The Observatory enclosed in a large park with a good view over the city.
















The Aquaduct - an amazing construction and of course very old!

















There's always time for a coffee and sit down! We were also entertained by someone playing an accordian. Very popular instrument in Europe.

















One of the delightful small streets in Montpellier. Here we pause for lunch (quiche) and beer!! Cheap meal.

















This picture Roger took does not do this building justice. It had been hand painted with people in the windows and scenes. Quite beautiful and breathtaking. We both just loved walking the streets of Montpellier and would love to visit again and stay there. But I don't think that is likely to happen. There's just too much else to see!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Every picture more interesting then the last. When you click on the picture of the building you can really see the detail of the artwork - amazing.
Thank you for not posting any more pictures of mussels - these fish will do just fine. I wouldn't have minded some pictures of French pastries -that would have been yummy!

Pamela said...

what a day - experiencing all this.

I'm enjoying it through your eyes

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful to me and good exercise as well. If - no when I get to Europe - I am not sure I will want to come home! I think I could settle for 6 months or so. Your neck of the woods at Basel is famous for theologians as well. God surely has plans for you Gaynor.

Ann

Ann