Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ANZAC DAY GET TOGETHER


This is The Fish Inn in Zwingen (20minutes train ride out of Basel, Switzerland), an English Pub where we had our get together last Friday night.



Here we all are thanks to Maria and her wonderful camera. 5 from New Zealand, 7 from Australia, 3 Swiss and 1 American but brought up in Australia (so really an Aussie).

We had a great time together. As you can imagine there was lots of noise, laughter and chatting. It was such a success we thought we might organize a gathering like this on a regular basis. Mind you, the organizing will fall on my shoulders, but I suppose that's part of the fun.

Zwingen is the cutest little village. Not a lot there actually, but it is on the river.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gaynor
Sounds like a wonderful networking time. A lovely relaxed photo.

Ann

Gaynor said...

Thanks Ann, yes it was a great time and we have promised ourselves we will do it again soon!! I think you're the only one reading my blog in Australia!!
Love, Gaynor xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaynor,
I actually replied to your comment on my blog before I realised you had a blog yourself! Thanks for dropping by my blog.... Tom and Glenda have often spoken about you (especially their recent trip to Europe!!) so its nice to have made a direct connection to you. You know, I've never been much of a traveller but seeing photos like these on your blog is starting to give me itchy feet!!!
Chris.

Anonymous said...

I will have to see if I can publicise your blog Gaynor but I think you have a few Aussie readers!!

Ann

Angie D said...

Glad to see someone else organizing fun gatherings like this! I just had one on Sunday night.