Sunday, September 07, 2008

MY PAVLOVA


I was giving my Aussie blogging friend Lou a rather lengthy reply to her comment and decided to transfer it to the blog instead!

Oh thanks Lou, would love the chocolate pavlova recipe.

But I have a sad face on at the moment. The Pavlova went into the oven looking FANTASTIC, (using my new whizz bang Sunbeam mixmaster for the FIRST time), but oh dear it's nothing like the ones I used to make. It must be the ingredients. Just can't work it out. I will smother it in cream, fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit and only Roger and I will know it isn't up to my usual standard. I AM going to get it right, even if I have to make one every day until it's perfect!!

Sugar is from sugar beet here in Europe! Maybe that's the problem.
Eggs are from haenchen!
Cornflour is rare!
Vanilla essence is non existent
Vinegar - now that's an interesting ingredient
Hot water - maybe that's the problem (but never has been before)


3 comments:

Louisa Claire said...

oh no! i hate it when the happens? adoes it taste or look different?

mine ends up looking different and with a different texture depending on the oven i use. could that be it?

no vanilla essence? what are you supposed to use then?

here's the choc pav taste explosion http://www.nigella.com/recipes/recipe.asp?article=211

your Tom quite likes this!!

Gaynor said...

Thanks Lou. Will let you know how it goes!

Yes, it could be the oven. It's a process of ilimination (is that spelt right?)

Joce said...

Elimination with an 'E' Mamma! I'm sure you'll get it right eventually - the spelling & the pavlova! Just treat it like a science experiment and only change one constant at a time... Perhaps you need to try cooking it in someone else's oven...? I'm going to schedule in a good & proper roast very soon, maybe next Saturday, complete with pav... so will let you know how it goes... xo