Saturday, September 06, 2008

MY NEW MIXMASTER




My most absolutely wonderful husband has organized to buy me a new Sunbeam mixmaster (with the help of our kids - thanks kids!!). There has been so much secrecy about all of this with phone calls, skype, emails, etc going back and forth for several months - I think. I had absolutely no idea about any of this.

Last night was the big delivery! Our Aussie friend Stewart rang up and invited us out to our favourite Korean restaurant near Loerrach. He had been in Cairns for a month so wanted to catch up! I didn't want to go, having just got back from a 3 day conference. I told him I had 'brain fag' and was having a rest day. BUT then Roger talked me into going and said he would make it worth my while!! (Hummmmm, what does that mean?!!).

So, here's all the pictures to help you understand exactly how the evening went.

The huge 8 kilo package beautifully wrapped by Katja (Stewart's Swiss girlfriend)

Couldn't get the paper off quickly enough!



Don't you just love that face (had to put this one in)





Unbelievable ! ! !


Big hug for Stewart who was so willing to co-operate with Roger's BIG scheme (and of course cart the big box in his suitcase (we owe him BIG TIME)


Now, am I not one hugely spoilt lady. Look at this wonder. I LOVE IT and can't wait to put it to good use. My old one (33 years old) will go to Africa probably.

13 comments:

Pat said...

Oh how wonderful, and such a pretty red too!
I see lots of goodies to be made in your future!

Louisa Claire said...

love it!!! how wonderful! i got the exact same one as a bit of a housewarming treat this year and it's great! happy baking!!

Gaynor said...

Ah, a comment from 2 Chefs!!
Yes Pat, I love the red. It sure will make a statement in my little kitchen! Trying to find a place for it as we speak!!

Lou, YOU GOT ONE AS A HOUSEWARMING treat! Please introduce me to your family/friends!! I am trying out a pavlova tonight. I was the pavlova queen in Australia, but haven't had success here, so hopefully my new whizz bang Sunbeam will do the trick!!

Chris said...

Wow, great present! Happy cooking and pavlov-ing.

Haha. And love the expression "brain fag". I'm you and impressionable so I'm going to start using that!

Louisa Claire said...

ha ha! it wasn't the "norm" but Myer had this amazing sale a few months ago where you saved a certain amount per $100 (Can't remember exactly) Anyway we had had it on our wedding registery a few years ago and I'd been eyeing it off ever since. When we saw the sale my lovely husband bought it for me and we got it for about half price...that's the only reason I got it!!

the pav queen hey? I like the sound of that! I'm a bit of a chocolate pav queen...will send you the recipe if you like, it's amazing & a nice twist on the original!

Joce said...

Yes there were a lot of secret e-mails, phone calls and skyping... I'm so surprised that you never caught a wiff of the secret... not like you Mum! I'm so glad that you like it, and am sure it will be put to excellent use! xo

BG said...

Dear Gaynor,
Enjoying your blog.
What a great suprise! And all the effort that went into it.
cheers,
Belinda

Leslie said...

Wow! What a great surprise!

I was at school in Brisbane with a Gaynor. :)

Femina said...

Hi from WYBAY! Wow, I am SOOO jealous. Not just a beautiful mix-master but a RED one! (Most of my appliances are red.)

Enjoy your featured blog day.

Louisa Claire said...

HI everyone! What a small world!! Can't believe that you and Leslie went to school together!! How amazing!!

Lilly said...

Visiting from WTBAY - oh I so love that mixmaster. Truly beautiful and what a great surprise.

Joce said...

And if you check out one of Mum's more recent posts (about their Centrepoint night) you will see that its being put to very profitable use!! xo

Dee said...

Hi from WTBAY - i love that mixmaster, would give me and incentive to bake, thats for sure!