Friday, July 10, 2009

TOUR DE FRANCE


Roger and I have been watching the Tour. It has been so much fun this year to follow the action. Why, you might ask?!!

I was speaking to our son in law Tom on the phone a few weeks ago and he wondered if Roger would like the Official Guide of the Tour De France (Australian Edition of course). Well, of course I said he would love it. If only I'd had the camera ready when the post arrived with the rather thick (225 pages) guide arrived. Roger was absolutely thrilled to bits. He loves bike riding and maybe in another life would have liked to have been one of the participants!!!!!!!

So, each day he reads the Official Guide, marks in all the winners and statistics and generally enjoys finding out who's who, and all in English!!

The highlight of this tour is that it is coming very close to our little corner of the world - Colmar in France, just about 1 hours drive from our place on Friday 17 July and we would love to go. Well, actually I AM GOING, but Roger is a little poorly at the moment, so it remains to be seen whether he will be able to go or not.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Now that looks like the face of a happy man! I hope he feels well enough by the 17th to go with you, otherwise you'll just have to tell him all about it!
Your trip home is coming up soon, I pray the time flies till then and when you get there, it goes very slowly!
Blessings and hugs my sweet friend!
Pat

Gaynor said...

Thanks Pat, you're such a lovely lady and I'm glad I've found you in the Cyber world!!

Glenda said...

Tom and I were so pleased to read your blog entry Mum, it's great that it's being enjoyed so much! Had Dan and Renae and Kaitrin and Trev over last night for a French feast in front of the tour. Started on TV at 8pm! How convenient! Love G, T and P xoxo

Gaynor said...

Thanks Darling Glenda. Glad you enjoyed the post. Dad sure is pouring over the book (and everyone else that comes here as well). Sadly we missed today's race (Sunday) but glad you enjoyed it. Much love, Mum xx