Monday, November 16, 2009

OUR SUNDAY


I am home alone tonight (Sunday). Roger has gone off to a concert near Zurich to hear the band Delirious (from England). It is their farewell tour. Our German Youth Pastor Dave rang up on Thursday and invited Roger to attend. I bet Rog will be thoroughly enjoying himself. I hope so.

Roger spoke at Crossroads International Church in Basel this morning on "Jesus, the living water". John 7:27-39. It was a dynamic message, probably all the more because of what is happening in his life at this time. Towards the end of his message, he shared very personally about what has been going on in our lives these past few months. There were many visitors in the Church today and it was a joy for us to speak to some of them after the service. I particularly had a great chat to 4 young ladies (2 Swiss, 1 German and 1 Australian). I am hoping to connect up and encourage these girls.

When we got to the Church this morning, Roger realized he had left his lovely blue corduroy cap on the train! Oh hear! (Hold this story!!!!!)

We had arranged to visit our dear friends Fritz and Ilona Weibel with Anna and Jakob after the service and for lunch. They live in the cutest little village in Switzerland called Hochwald. I love to visit them here, but not really in the winter!! Fritz picked us up at the tram stop and took us to their place. Jakob was delighted to see us both. He will be 2 in February. We were wined and dined in a lovely way, went for a walk through the woods (not suitable footwear, but, oh well, who cares - nothing that a bit of water can't get off).

(photo of Fritz, Ilona and Jakob taken back in June)

I decided I would keep an eye out for Roger's cap when I got on the train to come home. I mean, you never know!! Well, guess what? Yes, it was on the luggage rack and I couldn't believe my eyes. In fact a friend from Loerrach got on the train with me and she was amazed that it would still be there. Naturally we are both very happy. I sent Rog an sms because I was so happy.

It has been raining off and on today and I don't think we will be going hiking tomorrow morning. If it is raining, it just isn't any fun being wet for hours and then having a long train ride home! I think we will snuggle up in bed and have a sleep in. Goodness knows what time Rog will get home tonight anyway.

Thanks for keeping me company!!!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm always losing my gloves... usually one.

At least when you lose a hat, you don't have its mate waiting worthlessly.

Glad you found it! Little miracle. (Praying for a Big Miracle!)

Gaynor said...

Thanks Pamela for your prayers. Watch this space!!! Love, Gaynor x