Thursday, November 26, 2009

HIKING - Maulburg to Schopfheim

We led a hike the other Monday, meeting the group at Maulburg, 2 stations from our place. Unfortunately it was a rainy morning, but it didn't deter the 19 of us that met for the walk. Promised at the end......soup and cake! I made a yummy vegetable and red lentil soup (with coconut milk added) and a Mulligatawny soup, rather spicy but everyone seemed to enjoy it. We had garlic bread and also Weisental Brot! I made a very large Apple cake for dessert, which we had with cream. In the end there were 21 of us for lunch!
Oh how I love doing this for my friends.

Here are a few Autumn pictures as a treat. There are not many leaves left on the trees now, so this is a good reminder to me of how lovely Autumn is.









Kevin and Stewart in our sunroom


Susan, Sue and Nick enjoying dessert


Wow, we love this Apple Cake!



Morag, Roger Deborah and Angela



Janet, Elinor and gorgeous Lilly

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I'd be interested in the recipes...
we are soup lovers.

I make a wonderful green lentil soup with onion, tumeric, cumin and cilantro

Joce said...

It's been too long since I visited your blog Mum, and some lovely posts rewarded me! Though I do not leave without a little tear in my eye. I miss you both stacks! xo xo

Novelty Pens said...

Thanks for posting the autumn pictures. The autumn colors are just beautiful!
Thanks,
Promotional Pens