Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FAREWELL TO OUR GORGEOUS BOYS


So, here is the 'family photo'!!! Kevin very kindly sent me a copy from his camera. Aren't we happy? Aren't we gorgeous??!! MY BOYS ! ! !




Kevin has had our Formal Farewell Dinner on the calendar for about 5 months! Kevin and Mark certainly pulled out all the stops to make it the most wonderful, memorable evening and we had such a delightful time with them both and Judy and David. The picture of the 4 of us didn't turn out so I am going to have to get Kevin to send it to us and maybe I can post it later.




Below is our delicious meal beginning with cream of parsnip and leek soup. I think the rest is self explanatory and I am scared of explaining them all in case I get it wrong. The sorbet is mandarine! Oh my goodness, what a meal.







2 comments:

Pat said...

Oh my, where do I begin?
This should be in a museum, what a beautiful presentation, I've never seen so many pieces of flatware at one table setting! Was this in a resturant?
The food...oh my the food! Are these men professional chefs? I've never seen such lovely dishes.
Bottom line...it all speaks of love for you!!

Gaynor said...

Thanks Pat. You're gorgeous. Kevin and Mark sure are very special friends and we are going to miss them ENORMOUSLY. Kevin did a little cooking course in France last year to celebrate his Birthday! And you're right, it does speak of their love for us. We had a wonderful night together.