Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'M BACK ! ! !


Oh dear, I really must try and redeem myself! I can hardly believe it is so long since I have posted on my blog and I am feeling rather ashamed. I know I have some faithful followers and I am going to try and reform.


So, what have I been up to since my last post back in June. The usual things, catching up with friends, dinners here in our beautiful little home, lots of walking, activities at Centrepoint and of course JULY WITH JOCELYN! What a treat that was, but I must say she fairly worn us both out.


Roger and Jocelyn met at Frankfurt Airport on Friday 2 July and travelled by train to Dresden for a little time together. This gave me a chance to have some "Gaynor time", which meant enjoying my own company. I loved it and realized how important this is going to be for me in the future. I really didn't do much of anything.


Roger and Jocelyn arrived back in Schopfheim on Wed. 7 July and we had happy days together doing lots of catching up and fun things together.

We travelled to Rome on Easy Jet on 15 July and spent 5 very hot days there. I was able to book our flights in February so got a really good deal. I also managed to find a good hotel close to the railway station that wasn't going to cost us too much money.








We arrived home late on a Tuesday night, had 2 days to wash, etc and then caught the TGV (French Fast Train) to Paris - just over 3 hours from Basel, so not a bad trip!! We stayed with lovely friends Keith and Deborah (though Deborah wasn't there this time) and again saw many of the sights of Paris. I just love this city and its people. I could have stayed a few more days. It was also wonderful to catch up with Keith again and he was an amazing host. We felt very spoilt all the time.

Then it was home to spend 2 last days with Jocelyn before she flew back to Melbourne.

Jocelyn left on 31 July and it was PACK PACK PACK!! We both felt exhausted before we started, so you can imagine how we felt after a couple of days. Not good. But we got it all done in 4 days and then waited and waited for the boxes to be picked up. They left our home only last Monday 9 August and we are now trying to get back into a good routine to enjoy the last month here in beautiful Schopfheim, our home, visiting our friends and doing all sorts of lovely things.

Remember we are living in a fully furnished little home so we can continue to live here very comfortably. We plan to move out on 9 September and will stay with friends in Basel for 3 nights until we take the train to Frankfurt on Sunday afternoon 12 September and stay there overnight.

We have our good days and bad days. Roger's ALS is progressing but we are continuing to try and be upbeat and positive. Not always easy, but it's the best way to be. Roger has done amazingly well through all the packing and the emotional stress. We will sit back now and enjoy the following weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for update. Life sounds very hectic. I hope you have time to catch breath before the trip to Oz. May peace and love surround you.
Ann

Pat said...

I love these pictures! Next year I will be posting my pictures from Italy!
Your life is very busy, I often wonder how you keep up, then I realize your strength comes from God..He alone gives you that extra portion, and He knows your every need.
Sending huge hugs...
Love,
Pat
xoxo

Joce said...

I FINALLY read your blog. Pat is so gorgeous isn't she? Thinking of you and praying every day xo