Sunday, August 22, 2010

GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS WEEK



I am going to copy my blogging friend Pat's heading! Thanks Pat. Love you. xx




* Special dinner with our lovely Swiss friends here on Monday night

* Getting the top of the kitchen cupboards cleaned (yes, this was a good thing!)

* Having a delightful dinner on Tuesday night with special German friends. Being picked up and brought home again without having to worry about train timetables (and missing the last train!)

* Baking on Wednesday. I love baking. I made an Apricot Cake and Oatmeal (Anzac) biscuits. Of course we don't eat them. I give them away! If Roger is lucky he can grab a couple before they go out the door.

* Wednesday night we had dinner with another German couple. They live up in the mountains near our place, about 40 minutes drive from Schopfheim. Marianne is one of my 'Girls' Night' ladies but is such a treasure to me. It was rather an exhausting night for me as we had deep and meaningful conversation! They had their heater on as it was so cold there and we had fog on the way home!

* On a mission to find black Linen trousers, but I've left my run too late! (this really isn't a good thing!)

* My lovely Hooks & Needles ladies on a Thursday afternoon in Basel. I LOVE THIS GROUP.

* Centrepoint Basel morning tea and lots of hugs. I love hugs.

* Dinner at Gasthaus Sonne in Schopfheim with gorgeous, entertaining, funny, lovely US friends. Time went all too quickly and they just managed to get on the train before it pulled out of the station!!! Phew, that was close.

* So now it's Saturday and we are pleasantly tired. We have been to the annual Centrepoint BBQ and then to a friends community garden for afternoon tea.

* GOD IS GOOD

* Roger and I love each other very much

5 comments:

Pat said...

Yes, God is good!
Sounds like you have a wonderful, and busy week!
We both had apricots this week, mine in the form of bread and yours in cake...one of my favorite fruits!
Love to you both!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow very impresed with blogging so close to going home. You must be organised. Just hope you have a wonderfully fruitful time and get a special zing from life.
Ann

Gaynor said...

Thanks lovely Pat and Ann, Yes, we are organized. It's now all the goodbyes, which is lovely but very emotional. Not much to do at home, apart from 'fuzz', if that's what I want to do!!!

Joce said...

Ja, ze gut! xo

Phili said...

So lovely that you have returned to blog land! Glad that although goodbyes are hard you have had such special times in these last few weeks and days before flying out.
Love and prayers for you both, Phili xx