Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Good News

Hello Dear Friends

I know many of you have been checking my blog to see if there has been an update. My apologies. I seem to be on a bit of a roller coaster ride at the moment! Even more reason I should be keeping you up to date!

We are both doing well. We are feeling very, very blessed and cared for. We are settling in and finding our feet here in Perth. We know the road ahead isn't going to be easy and this makes it even more important for us to settle quickly, find good networks and friends to journey beside us at this difficult time.

We had a lovely time with our son Tim and his wife Amy last week. The 4 days went very quickly with all we wanted to do. Plus I had to do some work, so this cut the time even shorter. They were both very refreshed after their time in Bali. I am so glad they were able to have this time. Irene and George were also there with them.

The 3 of us had a lovely swim together at our favourite beach Cottesloe (Roger guarded our gear!!) and then enjoyed champagne and fish and chips on a balmy evening. Watching the sun set over the Indian Ocean was amazing. We hope there will be many more times like this.

Wednesday evening Amy and I enjoyed going to see the musical West Side Story. What a treat this was for me. We had brilliant seats as Amy knows someone in the cast and they allocate good seats for their friends, even though you have to pay the same price. It was fantastic. And I got to meet Alinta after the show. Tim and Amy went to a Jazz Club after the show where some of the cast were meeting together.

Our big news is that we have put an offer on a small 2 bedroom unit in a suburb called Glendalough. This is north of Perth and is quite close to the city (2 train stops). It is also close to work for me. We are hoping to get a quick settlement for 12 November. We will move in on Friday 5 November and pay 1 weeks rent for the privilege. But it will be worth it. How exciting is this? Beyond our wildest dreams actually.

George and Irene have also given us their 12 year old Volvo. It is in very good condition and we have been enjoying driving it and having lots of independence! We are so grateful to George and Irene for the loving care they have given us. They have been truly amazing. But so has my sister Brenda who we have been living with for 6 weeks. Poor darling I am sure will be glad to see the back of us. She has been very loving and patient.

We had the best dinner last Saturday night at Brenda's. There was Brenda, ourselves, George, Irene, Cherith (another sister), her husband Ken and son Ashley. Talk about laugh. At one stage I was laughing so much my stomach started to hurt. It was a great evening for us both and did our hearts good.

I'm sure there is much more I could tell you, but if I go on much more you are not going to have time to read it all!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully informative blog you write!! I will pray that your house is just the right one for you and that all goes smoothly. I am glad you are working but it does cut out time for writing I have always found. Love to you both

Ann