Sunday, October 10, 2010

MY WEEK


Well, life goes on and we continue to settle in here. We've had quite a busy week with lots of paperwork to do in many areas. We've even managed to transfer our driver's license to W.A. and had a very helpful lady to help us. I was sent a letter from the Victorian Motor License Board giving me a discount on my driver's license for the next 10 years because I have been a good driver with nil demerit points. Unfortunately there's no such scheme in Western Australia! Oh well.


I went to work on Monday and Thursday. It was a bit scary. So much to learn. I'm not sure if I like the computer. I'm much better on the phone and doing other jobs. But I will learn it all in time. I hope I am not taking on too much just at the moment. I do get a tad anxious about things. But the girls in the office are very understanding and helpful and I do enjoy getting all dressed up. I've been enjoying catching the train as well. It must be one of the most beautiful train rides in the world along the Canning and then Swan Rivers. All the black swans and pelicans along and in the river. Just quite something.

Roger and I went to a Bach lunch time recital on Wednesday at St George's Cathedral. It was only about 40 minutes but the organ was magnificent.

Roger rode his bike to West Leederville and then on to where I was working on Thursday. He then had to ride home. It was too far for him (about 35km's) and he was exhausted for the rest of the day. I think he now realizes he can't do these long rides any more - unless there is a very long break in between.

On Tuesday night we met family down at Cottesloe Beach for a fish and chip dinner. It was rather cold, but we rugged up and enjoyed ourselves. I look forward to many more of these dinners at the beach. The weather is so balmy.

My swimming partner (sister Irene) has gone to Bali. How dare she!!!! I should have gone for a swim yesterday, but don't like going on my own. Roger doesn't really like swimming. I think I've mentioned that before.

We are missing our lovely friends so much. Each one is so special and we feel such a long way from them all - AND WE ARE!! But it is lovely to hear from many of them. It will be good when we can Skype and see everyone in person.

I got my hair cut on Tuesday - well shorn more like it. The only person that would like it is my dear friend Christine. I don't like it at all. But, as they say, there's only 2 weeks between a good and bad haircut. It's almost a week! I do miss my dear hairdresser Antje in Schopfheim, although she's not there anymore.

We are off to Shenton Park Rehabilitation Centre tomorrow afternoon. Roger has an appointment to see his Neurologist who will introduce him to a physio, speech therapist and occupational therapist. I wonder how we will get on?!

I am having all sorts of emotions at the moment, particularly as Roger seems to be getting worse and there is so much we are not able to do together anymore. It is really hitting me and I don't like it one little bit. Even walking down the street together is a struggle. It will be good when we have our shopping trolley. Our boxes have arrived but we have kept them in storage until we move first week of November.

I'll keep you posted if anything exciting happens here!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least the computer is a distraction from other things, as is work! I am glad you have a nice view on the way there. Good luck with physio, OT and speech. I hope you get some good news about what is available. Praying for Gods peace and love to surround you both.
Love frm Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaynor, hope you read this message. We don't have your current email and are not sure your t-online address is still good. We think about you two often.
My niece from Birsbane is coming over to Perth.
Love, Ilona & Fritz