Sunday, October 03, 2010

Working Girl!


It was fun to get all dressed up on Thursday and head over to my sister Irene's place for 'work'. I think I looked rather nice in my work clothes!! (sorry, no photo's - you'll just have to use your imaginations!!!). Irene had an appointment at 10am and so she was trying hard to tell me all that she wanted me to do for her before she went out! Well, she left in a flurry and I was sitting in the office with computer that wouldn't connect to the net and 5 huge files on the desk. And I was wondering...."what on earth should I be doing"!! At least I could laugh about it and then when Irene got back I could say to her "what on earth were you thinking".


I am hoping to do some serious work over the next couple of weeks so will keep you posted how I progress and what I will be doing.

Roger is enjoying his bike riding, but doesn't always get out each day. When we were driving together on Friday he told me his left hand fell off the handlebars and he was in a bit of a pickle. He told me he said "hand, now you just get back on those handlebars", and it co-operated. Well, I did get a laugh out of that. My darling Roger is really going against all the odds and he is truly developing his sense of humour. We might be going through many chances at the moment, and a lot of uncertainty, but we are blessed to have each other, that's for sure.

The weather here in Perth is amazing. It hasn't rained since we arrived nearly 3 weeks ago. I have 2 sisters on farms and they sure do need rain. It will not be a good season for them unfortunately. We were out in the garden today helping Bren to clean out her water feature. It looks lovely now. It just needs some coloured lights in the evening!

We didn't go to Church today. We couldn't agree on where to go. Bit sad isn't it?!! But we are hoping to go to a Bach recital at St George's Cathedral in Perth at lunchtime on Wednesday. This will be very special for us both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow a working girl - once you get going Irene will not want to let you go I suspect. No rain a bit sad but at least it makes up for your wet summer in Europe. Will pray for fruitful discussions over best church! Love frm Ann