Sunday, July 22, 2012

My beautiful sisters


l-r:  In order of age!!  Jillian, Cherith, Irene, Gaynor and Brenda

I want to pay tribute to my beautiful sisters.  It's not often the 5 of us all get together.  In fact I think we have only been all together 3 times since I returned to Australia in Sept 2010.  So, it's pretty special.


My sisters have loved, supported, encouraged, prayed for me, in every possible way and I realise how much this has meant to me and helped me to continue my journey on this earth.  


Visiting Cherith & Ken's farm in Hyden is a real treat, even if it is a 4 hour drive to get there.  Irene drove Roger & myself there last November for the annual Hymnfest where the Annear girls featured!!  Even though Roger wasn't well, it was such a happy, relaxed and encouraging time for us.  Then Irene & George drove me up there at the beginning of June for the long weekend.  A group of us girls even managed a trip to 'Hollywood Bowl' - (a dam on the property), for champagne and nibbles late afternoon!  Great fun, even if it does take a bit of organising. 


The following Thursday I bravely drove 3 hours on my own up to Jillian's farm at Badgingarra, which is north of Perth on the way to Geraldton.  What an absolute treat it was to have Jillian all to myself.  I don't think this will happen again in a hurry, which is a shame.  We made sure our work was done (mainly having to hand feed the 500 sheep) so that we could cuddle up on the lounge and watch a good DVD in the evenings!!  Jillian has regularly sent me lovely encouraging messages and just given me the will not to give up.


Brenda rings regularly and we try and catch up when we can.  I was able to help Brenda when she came out of hospital a couple of months ago.  I went over to her place and stayed for 4 days and we had a great time together.  Brenda is so practical and loving.


Irene has just been plain AMAZING!  She was so good with Roger and was always ready to pitch in and help.  Roger's face would just light up the minute Irene walked in.  So precious.  Irene is my Chinese Checkers buddy.  We play VERY regularly and it's a great form of relaxation.  Most times we are neck and neck and we always look forward to the next game.  George gets a bit....grrrrrrrr!!  Irene keeps me grounded and charged up!  Irene & George have loved and supported me through this year, inviting me to dine with them regularly and stay over night if I've enjoyed wine!!  It's been a good distraction to get 2 Apartments up and running as Fully Furnished Rentals.  Fun and hard work at the same time.  Finding good short term accommodation in Perth is at a premium, especially with the Mining boom here, so you can't go wrong with rentals.


Jillian, Cherith, Irene and Brenda - I love you all very, very much and want to thank you for being here for me.  You are all so very special indeed.



1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh how blessed you are to have such wonderful and beautiful sisters! I often wish I had at least one!
Thank you for the birthday card and lovely note, it meant so very much to me. I cherish our friendship and send you love and hugs as you leave for Europe! May God richly bless you!!!
xoxo