Monday, August 13, 2012

CELEBRATING MY 60TH BIRTHDAY


As I thought about the way in which I wanted to celebrate my 60th Birthday, I knew whatever I did I wanted to keep it small!!  I mean, with so many friends, how was I going to do this!!  Also, the diversity of our friends, and I wanted everyone to feel comfortable.  I gave it a lot of thought. 

So, here I am at Gasthaus Zum Loewen in Schopfheim.  This was Roger and my favourite restaurant.  It is a traditional German Restaurant/Hotel owned by a family in the 3rd generation.  (Roger always enjoyed speaking to the owners in German, but I couldn't do this).  


back l-r  Mark, Kevin & Gaudenz
front l-r Christine E, Sabine, Moi and Christine A (who I am staying with)

Each one of these friends are special to me, but then, all our friends are special.  That is why they are our friends!!  All of us stayed overnight in the hotel apart from Gaudenz who had to work on Saturday.



Gaynor, Christine, Sabine & Kevvy in the garden


With my boys!!!!!


One of the entree's enjoyed by my guests!!  I had Pfifferlinge soup (a special type of tiny mushroom found in the forest for about 2 months of the year - it has a divine taste).
Obviously the evening deteriorated after this as I didn't take a photo of the other courses!!


The Chef/Owner came out to the 2 groups in our dining room and wished myself and the man on the other table a Happy Birthday.  I was given some Faller Quince Jam by his wife (gave it to Kevin & Mark).  Then at 11pm he came back with his piano accordian and played Happy Birthday first to me and then the other gentleman.  Then he played quite a few traditional songs and we had so much fun.  Gaudenz and I did a little dance together.  What a perfect way to end my birthday celebrations.

Blessed, blessed, oh so blessed and I know my darling Roger was smiling down at me and us all.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYNOR! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK BLOGGING! YOU HAVE BEEN IN MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS OFTEN. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOU BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTER CHLOE! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR LITTLE TWINS ARE 1, THATS GONE SO FAST! YOU LOOK SO HAPPY & WELL, ENJOY YOUR TIME IN BASEL. TAKE CARE,
MELISSA (NORTON & KIDDIES) X