Saturday, February 09, 2013

My Villa Unit in Nunawading, Melbourne, Australia


Here I am on the day the house settled (24 January) with my gift from the Real Estate Company!!  Just before I turned the key & walked in (along with Christine from Basel & Tony from the Heating company!!!)


The entrance to the house.  Shows how dry it has been in Melbourne with the brown 'grass'.


Tom & a couple of his mates pulled out all the carpet in the house last weekend & then Tom, Glenda & I pulled out the small wooden boards the carpet was attached to.  Not a nice job, but had to be done.

The painting was started Monday 4 February & so far only the undercoat has been done.  I am hoping it will be finished by 15 February.

I've decided I want a German kitchen again so I have contacted Kitchen Haus in Perth & the wonderful Gerard has sent me a plan of my kitchen so I can do the measurements, which is a bit scary.  Hope I get it right.  He has photo's of the kitchen as it is now.

I am having gas ducted heating installed Friday 15 February and I have just booked George the floor polishing expert to do the floors, beginning 7 March.  Of course I would have liked it earlier but he is going on holidays beforehand, so I will just have to wait & hope Glenda & Tom can put up with me for a little longer (they have been so patient with me up till now).  At this stage I am hoping to move in around 13 March with all things going to plan, but I won't have curtains up as they will need to be made & this takes ages.

No comments: