Sunday, February 17, 2013

Special friends from Basel

What a thrill it was for me to be able to spend a week with my friend Christine on her visit to Melbourne from Basel via New Zealand!!  At times I was rather distracted with my unit settling the week she was here, but we did manage to do some nice things together.

I took Christine to the Yarra Valley & it was picture perfect.  We stopped off at the Dairy & had a lovely cheese platter, which is made on the premises.  The property had a distinct dairy smell!!




 This is us at Chateau Chandon.  We had a delicious lunch, and what a backdrop!  Flies were a bit pesky, but we managed!!




Then I heard from Katja who now lives in Cairns with her husband Stewart.  She came down from Cairns for a 2 weekend course & I was able to catch up both times.  It was so good to see her again & I was very stimulated by her wonderful conversation.  As you can see, the food was pretty good as well!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely summary of special visits and busy life! I found an important typo though... You were at Chateu ChanDon (not Ton). They are famous for their Non-french bubbles (exy too!!!)

I love the bottom pic too, I took it, non? Even if spelling and grammar deserts us there is always dessert! ;)
xoxo