Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Day with my Beloved Sister Irene

Last Friday, Irene and I were able to spend the day together. Roger and George took off to Basel and did some sightseeing around there.

So.... as we are Chinese Checkers EXPERTS, we had a few games.... so much fun! Then we caught the train 3 stops to Zell and had a delightful lunch, firstly in a Restaurant Garden but then moved inside as machinery started up on the dot of 14:00!!

I also wanted to buy a hat for the winter. I don't think hats suit me, unlike daughter Jocelyn who looks FABULOUS in every style of hat. Zell has a lovely little hat shop and the older lady was so very helpful, even though she couldn't speak a word of English and my German is still far from good! It didn't stop her from talking, which was lovely. I ended up buying the first hat I tried on - to go with my new coat I bought in Toronto. Now, I am going to look like a winter fashion statement! Just need the gloves and I'll be set.

No comments: