Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Aussie Night at Centrepoint 20 September

















A group of us Aussies living in and around Basel got together to put on an Aussie night at the English club Centrepoint. Around 32 people attended.

















Some of the food and wine on offer. I made Anzac biscuits, sausage rolls, lemon coconut slice and lamingtons. They were all a hit. Someone did small Vegemite pieces and pumpkin scones.

















Roger had put together a quizz which seemed to be a lot of fun with everyone. We had some great giveaways.

















Centrepoint is an English club but people come from all over the world. It's a great club to belong to. There is an Open Day at Centrepoint this coming Friday. Centrepoint was renovated during August and it looks great.

5 comments:

Pat said...

You had the famous lamingtons!! Did you make them yourself?
I loved the bridge photos on the previous post - If it were being done here in the States it would take forever and a day to complete it....they are sooo slow with any type of traffic construction. I think you have a sweet little view from your home!

Gaynor said...

Pat, yes, I had to make the lamingtons myself. Actually I never made them in Australia, but have now made them 3 times since being here and no doubt will continue to make them as they are a real HIT!
Yesterday they replace the concrete slabs with new ones, so the bridge is coming along quickly. But some things do seem to take a while here as well!

Pamela said...

yum....
lemon coconut slice sounds fantastic

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is going well. I am amused that an overseas Aussie can be identified by lamingtons. I thought they were universal for kids parties. Shows how ignorant I am - a real back woods Aussie!!

Ann
PS Letter was wonderful. Newsletter looking very up market now.

Pat said...

Gaynor - where are you? Have they tied you to the kitchen counter so you will make more Lamingtons?
I miss you!