Thursday, August 14, 2008

YOUTH CAMP DENMARK - 26 JULY - 9 AUGUST 2008

Approximately 80 people went to Saedding in Denmark for a 2 week Youth Camp. Ages ranged from 9 months old (there were 4 littlies) to 55 years old (that was me, I hadn't quite had my Birthday by then!!). We travelled in cars, an 8 seater van and a bus. It took around 15 hours.




We stayed in a boarding school and the accommodation was wonderful. This photo shows just a small part of the wonderful grounds. The facilities were very good.



Here we are on the Scandinavian evening. I put the crosses on our red singlets (bought from an Op Shop) with white paper!!).


We visited the second biggest city in Denmark called Arhus. It was a 2 hour bus ride from where we were staying.
The kids went canoeing for around 2 hours one afternoon. We bowed out, but it would have been a lot of fun (and no incidents, now that's boring!!).

Peter and Regina, part of the Youth Leadership. They have been married a couple of years and are an absolute delight (Russian heritage).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks cold even for summer to me but I guess from an Aussie perspective anything in Europe looks a little cold.

Ann

Gaynor said...

First week was 25 - 32C and oh so beautiful, then....... But, we can't live life by the weather (and never have actually). Mind you, if I am honest with you I don't want summer to end just yet. Friday was 17C and cold and wet and I was freaking out!!!!!

Chris said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time. And I love the shots of the kiddies. Everyone must have enjoyed themselves!
All good with my blog... Tom's just keeping us both on our toes!