Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Visiting friends in Starnberg

Last Friday we travelled by train to Starnberg to visit our friends Peter and Narelle with Matthew 3 and Katja 1. We left home just after 8.30am to walk to the train in Schopfheim and were greeted by Narelle at Starnberg Nth station at 3.00pm. So quite a hike really and 4 trains!! Just as well we love train travel.

Unbelievable that we had not seen Peter and Narelle for a couple of years. How things change! We had a great catch up, were spoilt rotten by them and, as the pictures tell, loved playing Uncle Roger and Auntie Gaynor for the weekend. The children are absolutely adorable and were such a delight to spend time with.

We did the reverse trip home on Monday!! 4 trains and home by 5.45pm. It's always lovely to be home again. I find packing up to go away a little stressful these days (and you probably think we are doing it all the time!!!!).








Only picture of Peter!! I can't believe we didn't take a picture of the whole family! Apologies!


















3 comments:

Pat said...

What sweet children, they have the most beautiful eyes!
Is it warming up there yet? We had a brief show shower the other day, but it soon melted. I can't wait to see the leaves growing on the trees and know that this colder weather is really gone!
How far was your trip that you had to take 4 trains? I would enjoy the train rides too, that's something I haven't done in many years.
Stay well my friend..
Hugs (()))
Love,
Pat

Joce said...

Mmm, I think you're getting better at contradicting yourself Mummy-dear... "I find packing up to go away a little stressful these days" vs "I think I enjoy being a gypsy more than you do Joce" and "we just love being Aunty and Uncle" actually that's just Dad's fault... he looks like Papa when he wears his glasses like that!! :P
Counting down to August 6th.... xo xo xo xo <><

Chris said...

Every time I read your blog I'm still startled that you can take a train ride to so many different places! Its fantastic... I guess its only something I'll truly understand when we one day travel to Europe.

Sounds like you had a great weekend away!