Saturday, April 25, 2009

The place where I live

We have woken up to the most glorious Anzac Day here in Schopfheim. Today we remember those soldiers in Australia and New Zealand who have given their lives for our freedom. We will gather for dinner tonight with other Aussies/New Zealanders. Pictures to follow.

Also I am looking forward to the visit of Angela from Adelaide who arrives this afternoon. I will head into Basel to meet her. She will be staying in a little bedsit quite close to our place. I am looking forward to some lovely girlie times together.

I've just come back from a quick shop at Aldi. Wish I'd had the camera. Must remember to take it with me everywhere! As I left the store there was an old man getting into his OLDER tractor (after doing a bit of shopping). As he headed out of the carpark and looked with amazement and a big smile on my face to see his dog standing in the tiny open cabin on the wheel hub. This is where I live! I hope you can picture it a little.


Now for some photo's of our Spring. Roger has been out and about with the camera. ENJOY.





Covered foot bridge in Wehr a short bike ride (up hill) from our place










4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! We're saving for a big trip through Europe sometime in the next 18-24 months.... hopefully we'll be able to drop by and say hello!

Anonymous said...

Wow - wish I was there. However I am still working away.

Ann

Joce said...

Do thank Dad for the pics... and hope the dinner was lots of fun. (I only listened to the Dawn service on the radio) we've had our coldest weekend this year... and snow has fallen in the High Country too! xo

Pamela said...

It's like a little dream world.