Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fun and Games!!

I woke rather early this morning as the lady upstairs clomped around at 6.15am. As I am sleeping rather lightly (with my darling away) I woke and couldn't get back to sleep. I had a beautiful chat to Roger for a very long time. He gets back from the US on Thursday and I can't wait. In the meantime our boxes have arrived safely from Australia so I have been busy unpacking and enjoying all the contents (and sometimes thinking "why on earth did I pack this!!"). The place is a mess, but hopefully I am making headway with it all. Six boxes are empty so that must mean something.

A friend came and kept me company at lunchtime. She works locally so was able to come in her lunch-hour. It went all too quickly and we had a great chat together. Friendships are very special, and of course I realize this yet again as I am far away from all my friends in Australia. Still, I am beginning to make friends here in Germany/Basel and it is a very special time for me. I know I am going to have a lot of fun in the coming months.

No comments: