Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm being watched

Wouldn't you know it. I slipped out to do a small shop this afternoon and it started to rain. Not heavy but enough for me to get annoyed that I had not taken the washing off the line. I was also airing the doona's!! I ran....and walked.....home! The lady across the road was at my door. She wanted to tell me that it was raining and I had the washing on the line. I did have to have a bit of a laugh to myself. She asked me where 'mein mann' was. What does that tell you? I said in America and he would be back on Donnerstag. Now she will think we are American (not that I have anything against Americans, but after all, we are Australian). And I am missing mein mann.

Our boxes arrived safely from Australia this morning so I will have plenty to do over the next few days. It's very exciting opening the boxes to discover what is inside. You should see our little home! Well, you shouldn't actually. It is a complete mess. You know, a work in progress! And yes, I am thinking, why did we bring this, why did we bring that.

The day was made complete with a lovely phone conversation with my darling daughter Jocelyn. I think she was wanting to have a good chat to me, but it was the other way around and she was a good listener too.

I am one happy lady!

No comments: