Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Baptism service

The Church that Roger and I attend is a German speaking Church, much like the Baptist Church in Australia. Last Sunday they had a baptism service (full immersion) in which 16 people were baptised. We haven't been to a baptism service for many, many years. We were both very moved by this experience, especially as 2 of our dear German friends (mother and daughter) were baptised. It was indeed a very moving service.

Saturday evening we entertained a German family for a meal. I cooked my daughter Jocelyn's favourite meal (yes, we did talk about you Joce!). Strasbourg sausage roll and apricot cheesecake. As usual, we had lots of fun trying to find the right ingredients. No, they don't have Strasbourg sausage here. I had to replace it with rauchlyoner sausage (whatever that is!). I'm having a slight problem in that everything I make people want the recipe. Yes, I know that is a great compliment but it gets a bit tedious. I am trying to get my recipe's typed up on the computer, but it is slow going. I suppose this will have to inspire me!

Yesterday we went for our usual Monday walk with the English speaking walking group. There were 15 of us for a 4 hour walk. A bit long for me, especially on a rather warm day. Didn't get home until 3.30pm and fell on the couch and stayed there for about 3 hours. It was pizza for tea!

Today I am being picked up by my friend Sabine to go to our favourite little picnic spot up in the hills near Schopfheim (spellcheck says I should replace this spelling for saxaphone!!) for lunch. This is Sabine's lunchtime. Sabine has been away on holidays and I have really missed here. One hour will not be long enough to catch up on all our news. I am blessed to have met such lovely ladies here in Germany.

No comments: