Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hiking

Who would go on a hike when the temperature is going to be 34C degrees? Yes, you guessed it, me! All the walks we do are within reach of Basel, but in the countryside. Somebody asked me where we went. My reply was, "oh, I don't know, we just get on a train or tram, get off and walk!!" No, I wouldn't make a good guide, would I?!! I wasn't able to go on the walk on Monday, so Roger went without me. I decided to do the short walk yesterday, but the short walk turned into a rather long, strenuous walk on a very hot day. Yes, it was beautiful countryside and all. We walked up a very steep hill to a tiny Church. You'd have to be very devoted to go to Church there! Once again, a great group of ladies and stimulating conversation.

Was suppose to meet Roger at 'the office' in Loerrach but I was so late. He was patiently waiting for me and it was great for me to catch up with lovely friends there.

Last night we went for English conversation to the Gasthaus Lowe in Schopfheim. It was a very warm night. We sat outside in the beer garden. There were only 5 of us, but it was good to meet a couple more people who live around us.

We are getting very excited about welcoming Anna and Sue Petman to our little home here in Schopfheim. They arrive by train from Frankfurt on Saturday afternoon. We will celebrate Anna's birthday. I think I will make one of Jocelyn's favourite food - Strasbourg sausage rolls. Might even try my hand at a sponge cake. That could be interesting! Will keep you posted.

No comments: