Monday, July 31, 2006

WILD LIFE ! !

I was beginning to think there wasn't any wild life in Germany (and yes, I do mean the four legged variety!!). I was out having an early morning walk the other day. That is, through our village, over the Wiese River up the hill then down past the golf course and back along the river. In all about 6km's. As I walked up the hill I heard some rustling in the undergrowth so walked very gingerly forward and low and behold a rather large deer and cute little baby (Bambi!!!) were grazing further up the steep slope. I was very excited. You normally would not see animals like this during the daylight hours.

Furthermore, as I was walking a man was running past me in the other direction and said "Good morning". Well I did a double-take didn't I! I mean, he should have said Guten Morgen! So surprised was I that I didn't say anything and of course he was long gone!

Needless to say I am glad I had an early morning walk (though if I knew what I was in for the rest of the day, I might have changed my mind!!).

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Gee Mum,

Talk about a cliff-hanger. Are you going to tell us what happened with the rest of your day!?!?

Not Happy Jan!
Love G

Gaynor said...

Isn't this the whole point of having a blog? Keep people guessing?
My friend Linda has told me not always to 'tell all'!!!!!