Monday, October 30, 2006

Just How Old Am I? ! ! ! ! ! !

Tim, Jocelyn and Glenda, you are really going to laugh at this! Your Mother 'hooning' around on her bike! Honestly, at my age!

Our Sunday didn't quite work out as we had planned. We were hoping to take our bikes on the train to Loerrach and meet our friends Jack and Deanne at the station and then ride to the new FeG near Benzine (they have now moved into new premises and IT IS AMAZING). The Church is called G5! Anyway, it was pouring with rain so we just caught the train to Loerrach and then a taxi to G5. We got there very early as it didn't start until 11am. Great music, people, service, message, etc. (English translation via headsets).

After the service lunch was available for 3 euros. We stayed for lunch. BUT we didn't factor in how we were going to get home. We went to the station and they train we would have liked to catch didn't come (unusual for Germany!!). Anyway, the long and short of it was that we had a 20 minute turnaround to get home and get back on the train to head off for our team meeting at 4pm!! A friend of the lady upstairs from our home was parked in front of our garage so we had to ask her to move her car! Once my bike was out I TOOK OFF!

I tell you, sometimes this is a little too much for this oldie (!) and I feel like saying to myself "act your age"!! But really it is lots of fun and I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world at this time. When I eventually got rid of my bike in Australia (after not riding it for years) I never really thought I'd get another one, let alone ride it like a maniac!

Maybe I'll even let myself have a little sleep in tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

27hcram said...

Hey thanks for your encouragement on my blog. :) By the way, I might be going to Europe next year. Hope I can meet you in Germany ya? Keep in touch sister...take care & God bless!

Christine