Monday, August 13, 2007

ANOTHER Bike Story ! ! !

Those of you who have been reading my blog from the start will remember the day Roger MADE me ride my bike up a very steep mountain!! Well, here's another story, but not quite as good.

To set the scene I need to say that at the moment there is work going on after 8pm week days on our rail line from Loerrach (a new station is being built). So when we come from Basel, the train terminates at Loerrach, everyone has to get off and get on a bus (most inconvenient!!). Also, of course, you can't take a bike on the bus!!

So, we are leaving the house for our Mosaic meeting yesterday at 5.30pm and Roger says -

"Why don't we take the bikes and ride home!"
Gaynor says "What, from Loerrach, 17 km's!"
Roger says "Well, we've ridden that long before"
Gaynor says "Okay, lets do it!!"

After the meeting, which does not finish till 8.45pm, we get on our bikes and head home. After riding for about 10 minutes I did a Glenda (sorry, in family joke) "Are we nearly there yet?!!" Now I do have to say the ride is simply gorgeous, mainly along the Wiesse River. But as it got dark, that was nicht so gut!! Then Roger, who has ridden in the opposite direction, and from Steinen in our direction LOST THE WAY.

"We shouldn't be going through the forrest", says Roger as we disappear into darkness and I'm fairly freaking out!

We got home safe and sound. I was exhausted so I was given the right royal treatment! (Food, drink, little foot message!!)

This morning we were still very good and got up early and joined our hiking group for the usual hike, but it was not a long one.

I did have a 1.5 hour snooze this afternoon. This is not normal for me (though I wish it was!!)

(Just as well there aren't any pictures for this one!!)

7 comments:

Pat said...

I must tell you Gaynor, I went back and looked at your earliest posts - I missed a great deal! You are indeed blessed to go the places you go and meet the wonderful people you meet.
I love this story - I can almost picture it in my mind! Goodness, that afternoon snooze sounds wonderful! We must try to squeeze those in whenever possible!

Pat said...

I just found out you celebrated a birthday recently...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A WONDERFUL PERSON!!!!
If I had know, I could have sent you a card a month early, now I will have to send it a month late!
I hope you had a wonderful day and I wish you many blessings - to many to count - for the year ahead!

Gaynor said...

Pat, you cheated! You must have looked at Jocelyn's blog!! Yep, I'm now 55 and feeling younger everyday (at the moment anyway). I had a wonderful day. Maybe now the words out I will post about it.
Love, Gaynor xx

Pamela said...

I couldn't ride it. seat hurts my butt.

Pat said...

Yep, Jocelyn is the little birdie who let your birthday be known! Thanks Jocelyn! What a beautiful tribute she wrote to you, it had me all teary eyed.
I'd say you could be a poster girl for what 55 should look like, your one energetic package wrapped up in a smile!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very funny Gaynor!! On the good side you look very fit and slim! I am impressed that your mountain climbing on a bike has continued since your honey moon days in Japan. You must be naive or in love still I think. Hopefully the forest was minus wolves.
Love from Ann

Gaynor said...

I'll go with in love thanks Ann!! No rabbits or kangaroo's in the woods (that we could see anyway). We didn't stay in the forest for that long, thankfully. Rog wanted to turn back BUT I REFUSED!!