Friday, August 31, 2007

The Youth Death Walk ! ! !




Beginning the walk
on the FLAT ! ! !








View as we climb
up the mountain








Up, Up we go













Christina, Marcus
and Simea


We made it!

And now we have to
go down - oooooppps!
We all did a hike on Friday afternoon (24 Aug). Roger was to do "The Sermon on the Mount"!!
Well, we all set off, all well and good, and then up, up, up, up........... we went! 1.5hrs later we arrived at the perfect spot chosen by Jonathan!! Yeh, right! This was not a hike for the faint hearted! Anyway, WE DID IT! We sang some songs and then Roger spoke from Matt. 5 and then down the mountain we went! Today is the first day since that I haven't felt sore! Are we crazy or what?!! Don't answer. I think I was just stating a fact!
I talked to my sister Jillian (from Western Australia) on the phone and she said it was a good 'stress test' for us both!! There's definitely no angina problems with us!
I would hope I never put my body through this type of hike again. Made our hikes on Mondays look like chicken feed and I thought some of them were bad enough!

2 comments:

Pat said...

You deserve a t-shirt with the slogan "I survived the youth death walk"! Oh my gosh that looks strenuous - but the mountains are so pretty.
I give you lots of credit, I think you'd have to carry me up that mountian!

Gaynor said...

For Pat!
Lamington's
You make a plain sponge cake - in this case 2 HUGE cakes!
You cut them in finger pieces, dip in a chocolate icing solution that is rather runny then roll in coconut. Yum, yum, yum
PS You have to like coconut!