Tuesday, December 18, 2007

THE CHRISTMAS BLUES !

I really felt flat yesterday. I think we've been so busy and yesterday was the first day we could actually try and have a day off, but we started the morning helping Johanna clean the large hall at the Church!

Then it hit me the kids had been and gone and I've started to really miss them terribly. It was a whirlwind 36hr visit from them. I know this sounds silly as we will see them again on Sunday. But that just seems forever away! They're just so gorgeous and lovely to have around. Family.....ah, so very special.

And of course it's Christmas and I'm talking to the family in Australia and hearing what they are all up to and we're not there! Jocelyn will spend Christmas with Justin's family in Canberra; Tim and Amy will spend Christmas with Amy's family and then Heidi and Adrian in the evening; all my family will be together in Perth (and this doesn't happen very often). Dad is in hospital and not likely to come out, so that is on my mind as well. He is 84 years old and has become very frail. May God in his mercy take him home to heaven soon. Roger's family will all be together in Sydney and that will be quite a gathering.

So here we are in Schopfheim! I am continuing to do lots of baking - to give away of course. I love it. But it's deciding what to bake that is the problem for me! So today I am feeling better, but still very nostalgic.

May I take this opportunity to wish all my lovely friends who read my blog a wonderful Christmas and a great 2008. May you take time to remember God's great sacrifice in sending his beloved son Jesus into the world to give us a reason for living. To me this is truly amazing and wonderful and I thank God each day for the many blessings he gives me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gaynor and Roger
I hope you have a wonderful Xmas. We are in chaos here with lack of presents, cards arriving and we haven't sent them any as we forgot, and waiting for exam results. I have quite neglected your website which is dreadfully remiss of me as your photos are marvellous. Glenda does look very beautiful - and a very handsome and lucky young man. Mosaic Xmas party looks good so hope next year all your hard work is rewarded.
This Xmas I will just get lost in the wonder of everything I think - don't know how to thank friend Jesus for walking beside me this year down some unpleasant paths. I think I see things emerging however - I just am a little slow sometimes to catch on.
Love from Ann

Pat said...

From what I've heard, Christmas is a season filled with extreme highs and extreme lows. Sometimes it seems like we expierence them both at once! You are elated to have your precious children close by and feel at a loss when they are gone. I'm feeling that this year too, only it is because of my Mom's recent passing. We must both focus "On the REASON for the SEASON" ~ Jesus! Oh what a reason to celebrate!! Keep baking those delicious goodies - and think of how much I'd love to come over and share them with you!!!

Angie D said...

"The Word became Flesh" for us!Don't forget to take a little bit of time to relax this season, Gaynor. :) If I don't chat with you again soon, have a wonderful Christmas.

Pamela said...

I hope you have Peace for your Christmas.

I'm feeling for you deeply about being so far from your dad